If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (586) 930-5659

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

What Are Some Common Causes of Fire Damage During the Winter in New Haven?

12/19/2023 (Permalink)

An electric blanket is catching on fire. We respond to fire damage emergencies 24 hours a day in Macomb County.

Our local Northeast Macomb Township team is a trusted leader in fire damage restoration services in New Haven. During the winter months, certain household appliances can pose a fire hazard if not used or maintained properly. Here are three common household appliances that can potentially cause fire damage:

Electric Blankets: Electric blankets are used to provide extra warmth while sleeping during cold nights. If electric blankets are old, damaged, or have exposed wires, they can short-circuit and start a fire.

Space Heaters: If space heaters are placed too close to flammable materials like curtains, furniture, or bedding, or if they have faulty wiring or heating elements, they can become a fire hazard.

Clothes Dryers: Dryers are used year-round but can be particularly problematic in the winter if dryer vents become clogged with lint or if there are electrical or mechanical issues. A clogged dryer vent can lead to overheating, which may result in a fire. Regularly cleaning the lint filter and ensuring proper venting are essential safety measures.

Call Us Today!

When your New Haven home or commercial business has fire damage, you can rely on our Northeast Macomb Township team to clean and restore your fire damage “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 586-930-5659. 

SERVPRO® franchise is independently owned and operated.

Other News

View Recent Posts