How Can I Protect My Pipes From Freezing Again in Northeast Macomb Township?
Our local team in Northeast Macomb Township has years of experience restoring frozen pipes and many other kinds of water damage. During the cold Michigan winters, water damage from frozen or burst pipes is a common problem. Macomb Township residents can rest easy knowing our professionals have the training, equipment, and experience to quickly and efficiently mitigate and restore frozen pipe damage. Here are some tips to prevent frozen pipes from the Red Cross:
- Keep garage doors closed if there are water supply lines in the garage
- Open kitchen and bathroom cabinet doors to allow warmer air to circulate around the plumbing. Be sure to move any harmful cleaners and household chemicals out of the reach of children.
- When the weather is very cold outside, let the cold water drip from the faucet served by exposed pipes. Running water through the pipe - even at a trickle - helps prevent pipes from freezing.
- Keep the thermostat set to the same temperature both during the day and at night. By temporarily suspending the use of lower nighttime temperatures, you may incur a higher heating bill, but you can prevent a much more costly repair job if pipes freeze and burst.
- If you will be going away during cold weather, leave the heat on in your home, and set it to a temperature no lower than 55° F
Call Us Today!
When you have water damage from a frozen pipe or another form of water damage, Our Northeast Macomb Township team is Here to Help ® We'll restore your water damage "Like it never even happened." Call us today at 586-930-5659.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.